Our Top 3 Picks
Table of Contents
- 15 Best Penny Boards and Mini Cruiser Skateboards in 2020:
- 1. Meketec 22 Inch Mini Cruiser Retro – Best Overall
- 2. Hamboards Biscuit Shortboard – Premium Choice
- 3. Summit Board Multi Design Shortboard
- 4. Retrospec Quip Complete Skateboard
- 5. Hamboards Twisted Fin
- 6. Cal 7 Complete 22 Inch Mini Cruiser
- 7. Playshion Complete 22 Inch Mini Cruiser Skateboard
- 8. DINBIN Complete Highly Flexible Plastic Cruiser Board
- 9. SK8MEMO 17X5inch Skateboard Cruiser Beginners
- 10. MoBoard Graphic Complete Skateboard Mosaic
- 11. Skatro Mini Cruiser Skateboard
- 12. Xapwell 22 Inch Mini Cruiser
- 13. Retrospec Ten Toes
- 14. Penny Skateboards Swirl 27″
- 15. ohderii 22 Inch Mini Cruiser
- 16. Waveline Skate 22 inch Cruiser
- What is a Penny Board?
- Different Sizes of Penny Boards
- Brands and Pricing of Penny Boards
- What is a Mini Cruiser Skateboard?
- Mini Cruiser Skateboard is Good for Beginners and Experienced Skateboarders Alike
- Mini cruiser skateboards vs. Longboards
- Penny Board or Mini Cruiser Skateboard
- Amazon Recommends:
The best penny boards are easy to be confused with a skateboard. However, depending on their size, style and board, there are different kinds of skateboards. Two of them are penny boards and mini cruiser boards. Even though both are essentially small but they are not exactly identical. Skateboards have come a long way from being just a board on four wheels to well defined stylized boards designed for stunts and tricks like ollies and flips.
In order to get the most suitable product, you have to look into every aspect of the product and know it inside out. We will provide you with a helpful guide about buying both cruiser boards and mini cruiser skateboards. You can even catch some awesome discounts if you check Black Friday deal for best penny boards. Read on to find the product of your dreams – you won’t be disappointed!
15 Best Penny Boards and Mini Cruiser Skateboards in 2020:
1. Meketec 22 Inch Mini Cruiser Retro – Best Overall
There is a lot to like about the Meketec Skateboards Complete 22 Inch Skateboard. For one, it is a good beginner board for both kids and teens at 22 inches. The deck width is 6 inches, so it has a lot of sturdiness built in.
The polyurethane wheels tend to be those that make the board go fast as well as give a smooth ride. Teens who are heavier need to be careful though as the board capacity is 90.72 kgs or 200 pounds. That means if your teen is obese, then you will need to get him/her an adult board.
There are a lot of colors of the Meketec Skateboards Complete 22 Inch Skateboard to choose from from blue, green, light blue, orange, purple, grey, red, red flame, starry sky, and yellow. All of these boards are designed so kids get the look they want.
- The board has CE Certification so it is safe for beginners
- Good value in price for a board that is around $100
- The base for the wheels is made with high quality aluminum
Why We Liked It – In general, you want a board that is for beginners to look fun. This one certainly does the trick while upholding all safety standards.
2. Hamboards Biscuit Shortboard – Premium Choice
Hamboards is well-known brand amongst beach accessories lovers mostly because of their surfing boards, but they went out of their own yard into the world of penny boards by designing some of the most attractive models in this category.
It’s extremely light, practical and portable, with barefoot-friendly deck which makes it perfect choice for sunset rides along the beach.
Biscuit Shortboard is 24″ penny board that has almost all skateboard features, along with that casual surfboard style that can’t be separated from any Hamboard item. The best thing is that you can choose between Natural, Red Bolt, and Bomb Pop, depending on which style you prefer.
Turning, bounce, durability, and strong wheels are important, but creating and following your own style is essential part of boarding culture. It would be impossible to imagine that boarding would be half as popular if the style that represent it hasn’t been breaking prototypes from the very first moment. If you consider yourself as part of that culture, Biscuit models are perfect choice for you. There are not many penny boards with wider deck, that has minimalistic, but effective design, as these models have.
As far as performance goes, you know that you can’t miss with Hamboards! With independent 5.85 inch style trucks that separates wheels from the board itself, you will be able to cruise as sharp as you want.
- Ultra Durable Bamboo Deck
- 62 mm Wheels
- Chrome Bearings with Spacers and Speed Washers
- 3 Different Design Options
Why We Liked It – Incredible combination of attractive design and incredible features. Perfect choice for surfing lovers, and those who wants to feel like surfers even on the playground.
3. Summit Board Multi Design Shortboard
If you are looking for a combination of stability and portability, this is the best choice for you. Ecliptic shape brings you the basics and non-slipping surface guarantees stability and safety. The best thing about this model is that it is extremely light, so light that it stands out even though it generally belongs to the lightweight category. You can even put it into your backpack, and head to the riding location.
78A All-terrain rubber wheels guarantee perfect ride on all surfaces. It’s design is unisex, and suitable for all ages from 6 to 106. You like it but you don’t fancy the design? Don’t worry. Summit prepared 4 different designs for you, so just click on the one you like and get on the road!
- Fancy Design
- ABEC-11 High Speed Bearings
- Included Multi Used Skate Tool
- 4 Different Design Options
Why We Liked It – What we fell in love with design. Unique, simple, but at the same time universal, there’s nothing not to like about it!
4. Retrospec Quip Complete Skateboard
If you’re a fan of the cruiser boards that people used back in the 1970s, then you’ll love this retro-styled mini-cruiser from Retrospec. It is made from an injection-molded plastic that is very flexible and pliable, allowing you more freedom while you’re on the board.
It’s perfect for taking with you to school or work, as it only weighs 4lbs. You can choose between a 22-inch version and a 27-inch version, and you’ll be able to fit either size inside your backpack when you’re not using it. Maneuverability and control are easy because of the 5-inch, high-grade trucks.
- Portable size
- Only weighs 4lbs
- Retro looks
- 5-inch trucks
- Affordable price
Why We Liked It – There’s so much to like about this mini-cruiser. It’s light. It fits inside your backpack. And its 70s style looks really cool too.