Our Top 3 Picks
Table of Contents
- Top 10 Best Skate Shoes for Skateboarding in 2019
- 1. Adidas Originals Men’s Busenitz Vulc Skateboard Shoes
- 2. DC Wes Kremer 2 S Skate Shoes Mens
- 3. HUF Men’s Choice Skateboard Shoe
- 4. Nike SB Hyperfeel Koston 3 Mens Trainers 819673 Sneakers Shoes
- 5. Vans Unisex Old Skool Skate Shoe
- 6. Huf Men’s Cromer Skate Shoe
- 7. Nike Mens Dunk Low Pro IW Skateboarding Shoes
- 8. Fallen Men’s Slash Skateboard Shoe
- 9. Ipath Men’s Alfaro Athletic Skate Shoe
- 10. DC Men’s Trase TX Unisex Skate Shoe
- Our Top Pick
- Premium Choice
- Great Value
The skate shoes are not only good with skateboarding but also if you talk about the designs and the styles they come in, they are pretty fashionable and trendy. There are some key considerations that should always be kept in mind while you are going for the skate shoes.
These considerations are, the sole of a skate shoe should be polyurethane or rubber and should always be flat. The material in the upper shoe area should be quite sturdy and also the connection areas should be double or triple stitched.
A list of the best skate shoes is given under in order to help you make the right decision in this regard. If you are just starting out, check out our top 10 review on the best skateboards for beginners!
Top 10 Best Skate Shoes for Skateboarding in 2019
1. Adidas Originals Men’s Busenitz Vulc Skateboard Shoes
It is one of the best skate shoes available today, that will not only give you the protection and cover against possible injuries but also looks quite fashionable. Coming from the brand that is arguably the best when it comes to sports gear this shoe is all that you need to experience ultimate skateboarding.
Adidas has been there for a very long time now and been manufacturing some state of the art sports products. Whether you talk about the dedicated sports products or the sporting gear that it manufactures, it is all of the top quality.
- It comes in with a rubber sole providing the ultimate comfort and maximum protection you need while skateboarding.
- This skate shoe has a full grain leather upper making it sturdy and capable of taking wear and tear as will be experienced in skateboarding.
- It also comes with a PU liner to minimize the effects of impacts and enhancing the comfort.
If you have a pretty big toe these shoes are not the shoes for you since the toe cap tends to bend a bit with extra-large toes.
Why We Liked It – Whether it is the price or the comfort level, the style or the durability, everything about these skate shoes is just perfect. These are one of the very best skate shoes designed to enhance your skateboarding experience.
2. DC Wes Kremer 2 S Skate Shoes Mens
The comfort, style and the fashion that you get with these shoes is just amazing. Specially designed to withstand the pressure that will be exerted while skateboarding, these shoes are one of the best skate shoes that you will ever witness.
The sole of these shoes is flat and is all rubber giving you the comfort and protection that you cannot do without while skateboarding. The flat sole will give you the ultimate grip on the skateboard that you always required. Since the look of these shoes is pretty fashionable and trendy at the same time, therefore you can use them in some other applications as well like going to a small party at your friend’s house.
- If you consider the upper shoe area of these shoes, it is pretty sturdy since it is made of leather and rubber.
- Comes in with a rubber sole enhancing the comfort and the protection that you need while on a skateboard.
- SUPER SUEDE Construction makes them withstand all the wear and tear hence enhancing the durability of the pair.
Why We Liked It – The DC Wes Kremer 2 S Skate Shoes Mens are specially designed to deliver and last in the extreme skateboarding conditions and, therefore, is one of the best out there.
3. HUF Men’s Choice Skateboard Shoe
With all the colors to choose from with these skate shoes, you are entitled to quite some versatility with this pair. But first things first and that is how good these shoes are with your skateboard. All that you need in skateboarding comes installed in these shoes.
Whether it is the impact taking capability or the comfort level, the tough and rugged design or the perfect control over your skateboard, these shoes have it all. When talking about the price of these shoes, it is also quite at a nominal side keeping in view the benefits that this pair has on offer.
- The upper shoe area is all so important in a skate shoe and this pair comes with a leather upper area.
- The comfort level and the protection are enhanced due to the synthetic sole that these shoes come along with.
- Durable Mesh Lining makes them last in the toughest conditions that you might experience while skateboarding.
Why We Liked It – The HUF Men’s Choice Skateboard Shoe might not be the most durable skate shoe in the world but as far as functionality is concerned these shoes are one of the very best.
4. Nike SB Hyperfeel Koston 3 Mens Trainers 819673 Sneakers Shoes
These are one of the best skate shoes by one of the very best in the business. Nike, a brand that needs no introduction at all, is renowned for its quality products the world over. Whether it is style that matters to you or you want something that is specifically designed for a sporting use, this company has it all. Therefore it does not matter if you are an amateur or a pro; Nike has a complete range of products to satisfy all your diversified needs.
Read Also: Top 10 Best Skateboard Decks of 2019
This pair has the ability to give you the ultimate comfort while minimizing all the injury risk that is there while skateboarding. This pair has a flat sole that provides maximum control with the skateboard and decreases the risk of falling.
- The material in the upper shoe area of this pair is all synthetic textile making it quite sturdy.
- When talking about the sole, it is flat and all rubber minimizing all the tension that you experience in skateboarding.
- This pair is built to last.
Why We Liked It – Some people may think that the Nike SB Hyperfeel Koston 3 are a bit over priced but if you consider the qualities and the benefits this pair has on offer it is all worth every penny.
5. Vans Unisex Old Skool Skate Shoe
These Canvas shoes are a perfect fit for you if you are looking for skate shoes. Everything that you get with these shoes is tailor made to suit the wildest of skateboarding. It does not matter how hard you bend or twist your foot with these shoes on you will get the ultimate protection and comfort that you always needed.
The sole of this pair is flat giving you an enhanced grip so that you do not lose your skateboard every now and then. These are lightweight shoes and that is always good while skateboarding. You do not want to have a pretty bulky and heavy shoe while you are on a skateboard.
- The rubber sole that these shoes come along with makes sure that you get the maximum protection with the ultimate comfort.
- It comes in with padded collars so that you get that extra comfort while bending your foot.
- The toecaps of these shoes are re-enforced so that it does not wear out from the immense pressure while skateboarding.
Why We Liked It – These shoes are not only ideally designed for skateboarding but also the look that you get with the pair is simply amazing.
6. Huf Men’s Cromer Skate Shoe
It is not just the special design of these shoes to suit skateboarding that makes them perfect but also the fashionable look adds to the class of this pair. When you speak of these shoes as skate shoes it has all on offer that you want out of the best skate shoes for a smooth skateboarding experience.
The feel, the comfort, the ability to handle pressure and the rugged design, all that you get with these shoes is nothing less than perfect. The flat sole of these shoes makes them grip with the skateboard quite firmly giving you more control over it. These shoes will just look amazing if you wear them with your faded broad bottom pants in a casual party.
- It is a pretty sturdy pair of skate shoes since the upper shoe material is all leather and textile.
- The comfort and the protection that you get with this pair is just amazing because of the rubber sole that it comes along with.
- Comes in with a rubberized protective toe cap.
Why We Liked It – When you want the best skate shoes with an amazing and fashionable look the Huf Men’s Cromer Skate Shoe are just the perfect option for you.
7. Nike Mens Dunk Low Pro IW Skateboarding Shoes
When you talk about Nike as a brand, it does not get any better than this. It is the go-to brand of most of the professional athletes all around the globe. It does not only manufactures state of the at sports gear but also pretty trendy and fashionable apparels at the same time.
This skate shoe is also an amazing product by Nike. All that you need from the best skate shoe is delivered by it in the simplest of manners. It is not only good when it comes to skate shoes but also has a pretty eye-catching appearance that will look great on your feet.
- Rubber sole to give you the maximum comfort and protection.
- It comes in with a low-profile classic look and has great support and durability.
- Nike Zoom unit for responsive cushioning in the heel.
Why We Liked It – The price to performance ratio that you get with the Nike Mens Dunk Low Pro IW Skateboarding Shoes is just outstanding and that is why these are one of the best skate shoes out there.
8. Fallen Men’s Slash Skateboard Shoe
The most important thing that you look in a skate shoe is its ability to grip the skateboard and with these shoes, you do not have to worry about it a single bit. As these shoes come with a flat sole, therefore, they give a perfect grip to the skateboard.
- It comes in with a leather finish which is great to have in any skate shoes.
- The rubber sole that these skate shoes have makes them really good as far as the comfort is concerned.
Why We Liked It – All in all the Fallen Men’s Slash Skateboard Shoe with its amazing qualities such as the comfort and the protection is one of the best skate shoes
9. Ipath Men’s Alfaro Athletic Skate Shoe
If you are on a budget and want an amazing pair of skate shoes these shoes are just the perfect option for you. It has all the qualities that you would see in some of the pretty expensive skate shoes. The comfort level and the protection are also of the best quality.
- Comes in with a rubber sole giving it the comfort and the protection that you always required.
- The outsole of this pair is Vulcanized Rubber enhancing the grip and giving you more control over your skateboard.
Why We Liked It – You will not be able to find a better pair of skate shoes than the Ipath Men’s Alfaro Athletic Skate Shoe if you are on a budget.
10. DC Men’s Trase TX Unisex Skate Shoe
All that you expect from the high-end skate shoes that come in with a pretty expensive price tag is delivered by these shoes at a pretty nominal price. The comfort level, the fit, the look and the protection that you get with his pair is just what you always required.
- It comes in with a fabric sole that is quite good as far as skate shoes are concerned.
- It is a low-top sneaker that comes in with a padded collar enhancing the comfort level and protection.
Why We Liked It – The price range at which the DC Men’s Trase TX Unisex Skate Shoe comes in, it is surely an option to consider while going for the best skate shoes.
Teenagers or some fanatics use a skateboard to travel distances in style or showing off their onboard skills. Skateboarding is hard to learn and practicing some skills takes even more time.
Your shoes connect your body to the skateboard making them the most important part to focus on. Can you skate in a jogger? Obviously no, because they are not meant for providing you with the stability and control over your skateboard.
Skateboard demands your precise control and that is achieved by the skate shoes. In this write-up, we will guide you to buy the best skate shoes available according to your needs.
Before jumping in the real pool you need to know what makes skate shoes different from others.
Skate shoes are designed specially to ride a skateboard. Although many non-skaters like to wear them, they are actually engineered to provide control over a skateboard. Control is backed up by vulcanized rubber or polyurethane sole with minimal or no threading pattern. Similarly, composition leather and triple or double stitching provide extended life to the material.
Skate shoes are all about features that add comfort, reliability, and control to your skating experience. Below are some features introduced by leading sports icons in skate shoes.
Cup soles, Vulcanized rubber soles, Air pockets in the heel, Shock Absorbing Insoles, Action leather etc.
We can’t jot down all the shoe technology innovated by the companies by above were some highlights.
Now we know about the real mechanism behind the skate shoes let’s get into the real deal. We have picked top 3 skate shoes in regard to the category so that every type of consumer gets entertained.
Our Top Pick
The algorithm set behind our top pick product is simple, it gathers the best available in a decent range.
Do we really need to write an intro about the company? The majority (especially the sports freaks) know the Adidas serving history. Adidas is known for helping you to perform, play and feel better. The company is not about sport but it helps you to perform the best in your arena.
Allow us to introduce Adidas Originals Men’s Busenitz Vulc Fashion Sneaker. Trusted by the top athletes, Adidas has produced yet another brainer.
Skateboarding essentials to fashion, this skate shoe showcases all the features. You can wear it while skateboarding or going to a party.
This sneaker from Men’s Originals series has a durable GEOFIT collar for anatomical fit and customizable tongue. Similarly, the vulc rubber outsole provides this skate shoe a low-profile yet responsive look. For a comfort and impact cushioning this sneaker features Molded PU sock liner.
Adidas has proved it’s worth by designing a shoe for skateboarding purpose. With GEOFIT technology, Vulcanized rubber outsole and reinforced toe, this sneaker by Adidas marks a good rank inside our hearts.
Web sites and markets are filled with expensive skate shoes but not every product define its price. Don’t worry as we’ll be introducing you to the most premium skate shoe we have come across.
Wes Kremer 2 by DC gives you the casual look along with the skate functionality. This skate shoe keeps you facilitated with skating and casual wear alongside.
Increased durability and clean looks are maintained by the Wes Kremer 2, thanks to the patented super suede high abrasion screenprint coating. Elastic goring inside the shoe gives you the comfort while laces back up additional control.
The shoe sole isolates the heel and forefoot landing zones. The feet areas that experience the most abuse gets comfort and protection by the sole.
DC shoes bring the plans of Wes Kremer into life by these skate shoes. With 10 different colors to choose from, Super suede construction and IMPACT for providing protection the Wes Kremer 2 by DC crowns themselves as the king of skate shoes.
Skate Shoe by HUF describe its price quite well and marks off some important features for the skaters.
This skate shoe is an eye-opener for consumers who have wide feet, it comfortably packs up your feet to give you a tight feel while skating. Similarly, they are made up of leather to provide you with the most comfort while you rock the game.
With a variety of colors to choose from this skate shoe ranges under a nominal price and redefines your skateboarding experience.
HUF Men’s Choice Skate Shoe defines every penny spent on it. With a wide color choice, wide feet capacity and durable mesh lining these pair of shoes are worth buying.
Are Skate Shoes bad for you feet?
Skate shoes are the best buddies for skaters. Skaters wear skate shoes for a long period of time. Skate shoes fit tightly in the feet which mean that friction factor is increased thus resulting in wear and tear.
Don’t get carried away by the above addressing as there are many features included in skate pairs for keeping you away from a bad experience.
On your side, you can wear cotton socks to protect your feet from hurting. Similarly, many skating shoes are made out of leather which promises a comfortable feel all along the session. Likewise, many companies innovate technologies to provide the user with utmost comforts without compromising control and fit.
So on a uniform note, skate shoes are not bad for your feet as long as you are wearing socks or your pair is equipped with a comfort feature.
We think you’ll like: Top 10 Electric Longboards Review
Are Skate Shoes good for running?
Skate shoes provide a good fit for controlling your movement precisely. Well, running shoes don’t offer the same servings. Running shoes have different patterns to enhance the speed while cutting off the friction factor. On the other, skate shoes provides the grip by increasing the friction effect.
For running, one needs to eliminate the friction force as much as possible. Skate shoes increase the friction for providing you with the grip and control.
After all the above mentions anyone can conclude that skate shoes are not suitable for running as they increase friction factor.
Do Skate Shoes Make a Difference?
Can you expect the same output if basic elements are cut off? Same goes for the skating. Skateboarding is an art of controlling your movements precisely. Although our standalone feet are capable of doing wonders, coupling them up with a pair of skate shoes can really make a difference.
Basically, a skate shoe provides you with the grip so that you can get full control of your movements. Similarly, it also reduces increases the friction effect for a better stability over the skateboard.
Without skate shoe, our feet experience sweat and other conditions that ruin the grip over skateboard resulting in a stumbling experience.
So Yes! Skate shoes do make a difference as they are specially designed to give you features for re-exploring your skating experience.
How Can You Make Skateboarding Shoes Last Longer?
Everything wants conditioning, protection, and care for lasting longer, the same case mirrors for Skate Shoes.
One should protect his shoes from rough and tough sessions for a longer time. It’s okay to test them for a period but continuing the practical will result in a tear.
Likewise, the skaters should not apply any extra fluid to clean them as they can damage the quality of shoes.
Cleaning wouldn’t contribute in lasting the shoes longer but will output a fresh look every time you roll around the streets
- Smooth, abrasion-resistant upper
- Reinforced toe for durability
- Lightly padded for ankle protection
- Smooth, abrasion-resistant upper for durability
- Soft textile lining for comfort
- Grippy vulcanized outsole for precise board feel
- Die-cut EVA insole EVA midsole
- 400 NBS rubber outsole
- Trademark etnies logo perfed into medial side
If you liked the review, please leave your feedback.