Table of Contents
As soon as you have finished your snowboarding holiday and you’re back home with all of your equipment, then you should clean it before you do anything else. This is because it will not make any of your gear ruined or broken. Plus, the location that you keep all of it in is also crucial because you don’t want it to get damaged.
After you have cleaned all of your gear properly and you have stored it in the correct place, then you should clean out your bag. This will keep it in good condition for the following year if you choose to go snowboarding. Not only this, but it means you won’t have to pay out for another bag.
If you’re stuck at where you should even start cleaning your snowboard bag, then there’s no need to worry, because we have a step-by-step cleaning guide to help you make sure you clean your bag the right way.
You may automatically think that you need to put the bag in a washing machine because this is how you would clean most of your other things. However, you should never do this with a snowboarding bag, as it can break the bag as well as the washing machine. I’m pretty sure you don’t want that disaster to happen.
- First of all, you need to get a bucket, sponge and some washing powder.
- You then need to fill the bucket with warm water and the washing powder.
- Use your sponge to gently wipe down inside of the bag and outside of the bag as well.
- If you need to wash your bag more than this, then you can allow it to soak in the warm soapy water while cleaning the inside and the outside of it.
- If you do have some stains on the bag then to get rid of these you simply need a nailbrush that is soft or a stain remover before you place it to soak in the bath.
- If you have finished soaking the bag in the bath, you need to then rinse it out with cold water and make sure that there is no soap left on the bag.
How often should you clean a snowboard bag?
Ideally, you should clean your bag after you’ve finished using it for the year, and after you have cleaned all of your other snowboarding equipment. This is because if you leave any dirt on there then it could cause problems with mold and you really don’t want that.
However, when you are out on the slopes your bag will be getting slightly dirty anyway, and this can rarely be avoided, but one thing to do while you’re out there is to take with you or buy some cleaning wipes. Then you will be able to simply wipe away any dirt that could harm the bag.
One thing you should always keep in mind is that waterproof snowboarding bags tend to be a lot more ideal. This is because it will help protect your equipment as well as the bag itself.
How to dry a snowboard bag:
So you may have cleaned out the whole of your snowboarding bag, and it must smell pretty fresh by now. The next step that you need to do is dry your bag, because if you leave it wet, then it will probably be ruined by the next time you come to use it. Not only this, but it also won’t smell very pleasant.
One thing you should never ever do is put your bag in the tumble dryer because this will not only break your bag, but it will break the machine too.
- Once it’s been cleaned you need to press it with a towel to get rid of any excess water.
- Then place it in a dry place where no sun is able to get to it and do not close the bag.
- Place the bag upside down for quite a few days and just leave it to dry thoroughly on its own.
If you do want it to dry a little quicker, then you can always place a newspaper inside to help soak up the water.
If you liked the article, please leave your feedback.